Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™. For Network Firewalls, marking the twelfth time Fortinet has been recognized in this Magic Quadrant.
Powered by Fortinet’s custom-built SPUs, FortiGate Next-generation Firewalls (NGFWs) deliver industry-leading enterprise security. It protects any edge at scale for customers around the globe. As part of Fortinet’s unique Security-driven Networking approach, which deeply integrates an organization’s network infrastructure and security architecture, the FortiGate NGFW is the only cybersecurity solution on the market that provides natively integrated Secure SD-WAN and ZTNA capabilities without requiring additional licensing to improve security, reduce costs and complexity, and simplify network operations.
Fortinet believes that its placement as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls is a result of FortiGate’s ability to deliver:
- Broad Protection – The digital attack surface has continued to expand and organizations are facing growing cyberthreats. The latest FortiGuard Labs Global Threat Landscape Report reported a tenfold year-over-year increase in ransomware attacks. The FortiGate NGFW count on artificial intelligence and machine learning-enhanced FortiGuard Security Services. It enables large enterprises to manage internal and external threats, prevent ransomware attacks, and avoid business disruptions. Besides that, it allows to protect hybrid and hyperscale architectures with coordinated, automatically shared threat intelligence of AI/ML-powered FortiGuard services.
- Consolidation – IT teams struggle to keep pace with the volume and sophistication of cyberthreats. While as the threat landscape expands and organizations continue to introduce new digital innovations. To reduce product sprawl and simplify operations, FortiGate consolidates essential services like IPS, anti-malware, and web and video filtering capabilities with networking functionality such as SD-WAN to achieve the industry’s best total cost of ownership.
- Automation – Network and security leaders continue to face challenges as a result of the growing cybersecurity skills gap. The FortiGate NGFW, managed through Fortinet’s Fabric Management Center, helps address these challenges. By providing centralized single-pane-of-glass management capabilities and integration with 400+ ecosystem partners to simplify operations. It allows to coordinate workflows, and deliver consistent policy enforcement across the hybrid network managed via on-premise or from the cloud.
- Work-from-Anywhere – As businesses rapidly transition to the work-from-anywhere model, security must be top-of-mind. FortiGate natively enables both Zero Trust Network Access Proxy and SD-WAN. Detail: without additional licenses. It allows users to access applications and resources from anywhere, at any time with constant authentication. Important: meanwhile building effective compliance and security controls.
Enterprise Customers Continue to Rely on FortiGate NGFWs
Fortinet was not just named as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls. The company was also named a 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Network Firewalls for the second year in a row. Fortinet believes that customers validation further emphasizes Fortinet’s ability to deliver advanced security to customers across any edge, at scale.
Fortinet was also recognized as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for WAN Edge Infrastructure. The placing highest in the Leaders quadrant was for its ability to execute for Fortinet Secure SD-WAN, which is delivered on the same product – the FortiGate Next-generation Firewall.
“Fortinet is an organization truly committed to bringing innovative solutions in line with market needs.” says Douglas Bernardini, Cyber Security Specialist and Cloud Expert.
- Download the full report and read the blog to learn more.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust, and view how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), or about the Fortinet Network Security Expert program, Security Academy program, and Veterans program.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research or Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks. Read more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard security services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
About Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications. Besides that, does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. The research publications of Gartner consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization. Their opinionshould not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, By Rajpreet Kaur, Jeremy D’Hoinne, Nat Smith, Adam Hils, 1 November 2021